Tämä on mainospaikka (näillä pidetään sivusto pystyssä)

Esikatsaus tuleviin Xbox-peleihin

Nem

Jäsen
IGN:n boardeilta löysin jonkun pelikaupan managerin mielipiteitä tulevista Xbox-peleistä. Ihan mielenkiintoista luettavaa (huomaa varsinkin kohta, jossa mainitaan GTA:n (!) moninpelistä).

---

"I did this last year and everyone seemed to like it and be interested in a "real" persons impressions of the games that everyone is talking about, instead of a website or gaming mag. So here goes:

Crimson Skies: Great game! Unbelievable graphics! This is Mech Assault in the air basically, but it looks like the game will be a little more balanced than Mech Assault and its Mechs were. Control and everything was great. The only issue I had was that the planes seem kinda small on your screen and most of the time it seems like you are shooting at a red square rather than a plane. But not too much of an issue and I think it probably wont even bother most. Im buying this game when it releases! They said it was 16 players online.

Grabbed by the Ghoulies: WOW! Awesome graphics on this game as well. RARE really used some XBOX power on this one. Looks VERY nice. BUT....the control is awkward. You use the left and right triggers to move the camera around and use the right analog to punch and kick. I dont think you can change this in game either. I'll probably still buy it though cause it was a fun little title.

Counterstrike: Let me say it right here, PS2 graphics on this one. Yeah I know its an old game on the net, but they could have touched it up or something a little better. Either way, the game is alot of fun and is going to be AWESOME online. I played this for quite awhile.

Metal Arms: I loved the demo in OXM and the multiplayer was just as fun. It has vehicles as well, some land and some air vehicles. The tanks in the multiplayer seem a bit overpowering, just like in HALO, but atleast in Halo you could shoot them out with a sniper rifle with one shot. I dont know if this is the same case in Metal Arms, but I ran the match for a LONG time while I was in the tank. Fun game though. I already reserved my copy.

Top Spin: Oh yeah baby!! Its Virtua Tennis all the way! This game has beautiful graphics and is going to just kick ass online. It is exactly Virtua Tennis! Just unbelievable!

SWAT: Decent graphics but nothing great. I think the idea of not killing people and instead arresting them is going to turn alot of people off. Looked ok though.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Looked okay, but still only 2 players. There is a 4 player multiplayer option though, which I didn't get to play but I think its like a fighting type game or something.

DDR Ultramix: Its Dance Dance with 4 players online on XBOX Live.

Dead Mans Hand: Its XBOX Live playable, but it has crappy graphics and plays like Unreal.

Rainbow Six 3: AWESOME! Its Splinter Cell graphics with voice commands and typical Tom Clancy gameplay. Definite MUST BUY! Its gonna be Rainbow Six and Counterstrike all xmas on XBOX Live baby!

Unreal II: Same ol' stuff, except with vehicles.

ESPN NBA Basketball: Looks good, didn't get to play it though. Just watched some people.

Beyond Good & Evil: Looks really interesting. I only played it for awhile and need some more playtime with it to really make up my mind. The PS2 demo of this game will be in stores really soon.

Prince of Persia: This one looks really good too. The levels are amazing, but the characters seem to kinda stand out a little too much from the levels. You have these beautiful backgrounds and then these cartoony looking figures, but the gameplay was really nice and most people will probably look past this due to the enjoyable gameplay.

XIII: Another game that is going to eat up my time on XBOX Live this Christmas. The cel shading is beautiful and the multiplayer was a blast! If you haven't already, download the PC demo online and check it out. This is another game I have already preordered.

Roadkill: Its Twisted Metal Black by Midway. No online or anything. Yawn!

Project Gotham Racing 2: Very disappointed! Im not a fan of the original so this new installment just wasn't working for me either. We had 16 players playing this system link and it was laggin' like a mutha'. I think XBOX Live is only 4 or 8 players online so hopefully these same problems wont exist.

GTA III / Vice City Double Disk: No gameplay footage but it was confirmed that it is a direct PC port, with 5.1 surround sound, customizable soundtracks, downloadable content and 1-4 player split screen ( Not sure what you do, he didn't say ). No online play, just downloadable content.

Ninja Gaiden: Sorry guys, I walked right past it a couple times meaning to come back and check it out, but I never got around too it, so I have no impressions of it. I heard from many other managers that it was "AWESOME".

Need for Speed Underground: Woah mama! I am buying this game the day it releases. You can customize everything you've ever wanted. Body kits, rims, neon lights, decals, anything under the hood, the hood itself, paint job, NOS and basically anything that you could in real life. You can also mix and match body kits, rather than having to buy just one kit and have it on your car. You get to choose what brand front bumper, different brand back bumper and different brand side skirts if you wanted. Totally customizable! The graphics were PS2 and Im not sure how the XBOX game will differ. I did make sure though that this game is being done by the same team doing the PS2 version, so you wont have the same problem as last time NFS was released on XBOX and wasn't as good as the PS2 version controlwise and stuff. So that was great news. PS2 is online 8 players, XBOX of course isn't.

XBOX Music Mixer: Basically karaoke for the most part, but it does have a real neat effect for a screen saver while you are listening to your cds. You can set up your TV to look like a television camera in a night club and watch people dance to your music, and when the music stops, the people stop dancing and just kinda sway back and forth waiting for the beat to start back up. Im buying it just for that, its just really neat and must be seen. "

Lainatun viestin kirjoitti alkujaan Nem
IGN:n boardeilta löysin jonkun pelikaupan managerin mielipiteitä tulevista Xbox-peleistä. Ihan mielenkiintoista luettavaa (huomaa varsinkin kohta, jossa mainitaan GTA:n (!) moninpelistä).

---

Counterstrike
Metal Arms
SWAT
DDR Ultramix
Rainbow Six 3
Unreal II
Project Gotham Racing 2
GTA III / Vice City Double Disk
Need for Speed Underground
XBOX Music Mixer

Ainakin nuo sattuivat silmiin :) Kai se on pakko ADSL ja live laittaa :D

Mikä ihme näissä autopeleissä on, ettei mikään ole hyvä kokonaisuutena. Taisivat jättää NFS:stä Live tuen ihan vaan vittuillakseen mulle...

Lainatun viestin kirjoitti alkujaan Sonixx
Mikä ihme näissä autopeleissä on, ettei mikään ole hyvä kokonaisuutena. Taisivat jättää NFS:stä Live tuen ihan vaan vittuillakseen mulle...

Niinhän se on aina. Moninpeli pitää tunkea peleihin mihin sitä ei todellakaan tarvita mutta sitten pelit jotka on suorastaan tehty moninpeliin, kuten autopelit, joiden koko hemmetin idea on kilpailla muita vastaan, kelpaavat sitten vain yksinpeliksi? Koita nyt sitten ymmärtää.

Lainatun viestin kirjoitti alkujaan Sonixx

Niinpä taisivat, kyllä ne runkkarit laitto tuen jollekin PS2 nettipelaamiselle, nyt kyllä harmittaa.

Olikos se muuten niin, että EA ei halua tehdä yhteenkään Xbox peliin nettipeliä liven takia? Ampuvat vaan omaan jalkaan, mä en ainakaan koskaan enää osta EA:n pelejä. Perkele!

Lainatun viestin kirjoitti alkujaan Jff
Olikos se muuten niin, että EA ei halua tehdä yhteenkään Xbox peliin nettipeliä liven takia? Ampuvat vaan omaan jalkaan, mä en ainakaan koskaan enää osta EA:n pelejä. Perkele!

Ainiin kyllä, EA boikotoi Liveä sen takia että MS käärii siitä voitot pelin julkaisijan kustannuksella. Eli kyseessä ei olekaan aiemmin veikkailtu Sonixxille vittuilu vaan Microsoftille.

Lainatun viestin kirjoitti alkujaan keiu
Ainiin kyllä, EA boikotoi Liveä sen takia että MS käärii siitä voitot pelin julkaisijan kustannuksella. Eli kyseessä ei olekaan aiemmin veikkailtu Sonixxille vittuilu vaan Microsoftille.
Minä olen ymmärtänyt, että kyse on enemmänkin määräysvallasta. Microsoft ei rikastu Liveä käyttävillä pelitaloilla eikä pelaajien kuukausimaksuista. Sen sijaan se kyllä vastaa isoista kuluista. Liven merkitys Microsoftille on koko koneen menestyksessä. Ulkopuolisen julkaisijan on mahdollista moninpelillään pistää rahoiksi myös Liven kautta.

Lainatun viestin kirjoitti alkujaan Hex
Minä olen ymmärtänyt, että kyse on enemmänkin määräysvallasta. Microsoft ei rikastu Liveä käyttävillä pelitaloilla eikä pelaajien kuukausimaksuista. Sen sijaan se kyllä vastaa isoista kuluista. Liven merkitys Microsoftille on koko koneen menestyksessä. Ulkopuolisen julkaisijan on mahdollista moninpelillään pistää rahoiksi myös Liven kautta.

Tarkoitinkin että tämä on EAn selitys boikotille, ei suinkaan minun päätelmäni (minun päätelmänihän oli se seuraava lause:)). Kysehän on ilman muuta juuri siitä kenellä on viimeinen sana, ja EA kuvittelee määräävänsä videopelimarkkinoita kovinkin suvereenisti...

Jees. Live ja PGR2 jouluksi, ehdottomasti. Kun nyt vaan saisivat ne ongelmat moninpelissä korjattua ennen julkaisua.

Voi kökkö jos PGR2:n nettikoodi on noin huono. Kahdeksan pelaajaa sen on pystyttävä kantamaan ilman lagia tai muuten saisi MS viivyttää pelin julkaisua kunnes ongelmat on korjattu. Itse ajattelin vääntää koko pelin Livessä... :(

Ylös Bottom