Tämä on mainospaikka (näillä pidetään sivusto pystyssä)

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014

Vastaus: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 [Hype]

Long time, no see. Asimin (aikoja sitten lupaama) previkka löytyy nyt WENB:stä. Hyviä puolia pelistä löytyy paljon ja samalla löytyy niitäkin asioita, mistä toivottavasti tullaan tämän muutaman kuukauden aikana pääsemään eroon. Innokkaimmille koko kirjoitus spoilerissa ja vähemmän innokkaimille boldasin ne "tärkeimmät" kohdat:

Reading an article in EDGE, diagrams, screenshots and teaser trailers, these are all great but nothing can compare to actually getting your hands on a new PES for the first time. It’s where you form your first opinion of the game and learn more about it, something that no pre-release asset or article can provide. This year, with a brand new engine behind the game, that statement had more weight behind it than you can ever imagine. Excitement? Yes, I had it in abundance. Trepidation? Sure, there was plenty of that too. How would the Fox Engine change a series that I had followed for so long? After playing it for several hours at E3 2013, the answer was very much positive.

The Difficulty Curve
Pick up the pad and start to play PES 2014 like any of the previous titles in the series, you’ll find that you won’t get very far. Whilst the game retains that distinct PES feeling, it plays differently and that is very much a good thing. The power of the Fox Engine combined with some new features, means that the rigid feel of previous games has gone. MASS and TrueBall tech have much to do with getting rid of that, helping to make the on-pitch action in PES 2014 look and feel more natural than its predecessors. For instance, when you’re dribbling, the player you’re controlling not only moves more realistically, you feel his weight shifting as he jogs or sprints in the desired direction. Sprint too much and attempt to turn at the last minute? It’s more than likely the ball will go out of play or will be intercepted by the opposition. This applies to even the star players such as Robben, Ribery or Neymar. After all you don’t see these guys constantly sprinting in real life matches like headless chickens, do you? Well, Robben maybe! Sorry, bad joke. In all seriousness, it’s a great change, one that forces you to think about when you sprint and dribble with some real care. I learnt the harsh way, and I suspect many of you will too.

Another area where MASS and TrueBall Tech come into play is with the first touch and control system. There is a real emphasis on first touch an control in PES 2014, something that is apparent even in your first match. The physics system works in tandem with the TrueBall Tech to simulate how well you end up controlling a ground or lofted pass. The results are sublime, with the level of success dependent on where the player is, how his body is positioned and which direction you push the analogue stick. Much like the dribbling mechanics, you have total control, but everything is bound within reality. Sometimes your player will take the perfect Bergkamp-esque touch, whereas others he’ll fail completely. It’s not completely black and white, there is a grey area too. So if you happen to take a less than perfect touch that doesn’t immediately mean you’ll lose the ball. Sometimes that will be enough, depending on the situation of course. Whatever the result, once you get you used to it, you’ll never feel cheated. Whatever you do has an impact on how successful you are. It’s a harsh lesson to learn, but oh so rewarding when you get it right. I said this to a few people after playing 2014, but I think the difficulty curve will be steeper for regular PES players, whereas total newcomers might adjust a little easier. That’s not because it’s “newbie friendly”, but more because a newcomer won’t be stuck with certain bad habits.

Freedom of Passing
Quite possibly one the best parts of PES 2014, the freedom of passing in the game is exceptional. That might sound a little weird at this early stage, but it doesn’t make it any less true. The Fox Engine and the introduction of TrueBall Tech has done wonders for this integral part of the game. Even at four bars, what most would call assisted, there is variety and freedom in the passing. At times, even on the one or two bars, the passing in PES 2013 felt very much on rails and assisted, frustrating many hardcore fans. Putting the pass level down to three or less resulted in even more freedom, but I rarely strayed too much from four or three as I felt they were good enough. I felt that I could weight and direct the passes in exactly the way I wanted. Obviously I wasn’t always successful, but the sheer fact that three and fours bars felt so good speaks volumes.

Lofted passes also felt great, allowing you to spread play when you like. The ball won’t just travel in straight line like a target missile; it will curve depending on how you strike it and where you want it to go. Building up moves in PES never felt so satisfying, mixing up ground passes with lofted long balls is a real joy to witness and be part of. It’s so good, that you’ll almost forget about the through ball button. In fact, I can probably count the number of times I used the button on one hand. The standard passing is so varied and free now that the through balls almost seem useless. If I was being totally honest, it appears as if over the top through passes and ground ones have been toned down in terms of their success rate. Each time I tried to put a player through using the dedicated button, I under or over hit it. Going by previous iterations and how overpowered the through balls were, this was and still is a massive positive for me. Hopefully it results in people using their actual passing skills rather than rely on the through ball button.

Audio and Visual Depth
Whilst the E3 2013 code lacked the polish of the screenshots and trailers you’ve seen so far, it’s still a step up when compared to any previous current-gen titles. “That’s not hard”, I hear you say. Yes, you’re right. I’m not going to lie to you and say it look next-gen, because it doesn’t. However, previous PES titles aside, it’s a MASSIVE step up when it comes to the current-gen standards. It’s using the power of the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, finally pushing both of them on a technical front. Animations are fluid, player models look great, lighting is fantastic and stadiums look great. The latter is exemplified by the breathtaking crowds. Now, they’re not fully 3D, but man do they look good. Whether it’s the Bayern fans creating a mosaic before kick-off or Santos followers lighting up flares during a match, they really add to the sense of occasion.

Coming back to the animations, just the like best PES titles of the past, you’ll notice new ones as you play and be amazed. It could be the frighteningly real way Robben runs, or something simple like the way a player moves his head when flicking a ball on. Even goalkeepers have new animations, but more on them later. For now, let’s move to sound in PES 2014. It’s difficult to completely comment on the audio side of things due to the environment we were playing in (noisy E3 showfloor), but we did manage to bump up the volume on a few pods we played on and the noise from the crowd in relation to what was happening on the pitch was just amazing. The enthusiasm of the Bayern fans and the sheer passion of the Santos faithful came across brilliantly. Whilst the Heart feature was full featured in the E3 build, if this is an early indication of what Konami plan to do with it then I for one can’t wait to see how it turns out.

The Set Piece Conundrum
The ability to direct set pieces via a dotted line, a new feature that turned out to be a bit of a talking point between the lucky people that played PES 2014. Sounds simple enough and it is, but its inclusion is somewhat of a double edged sword. You are given the freedom to adjust the direction, height and curve of the ball for both free-kicks and corners. If it sounds great, that’s because it is. It works really well, a little too well in fact. What do I mean by that? Well, you can score directly from corners and it makes the art of the free-kick a little too easy. The free-kick point is less of an issue, but as I played more and more it became apparent that you could score directly from corners almost every single time, turning it into a bit of an exploit. Two corners in a row I did the exact same thing and hit the same point of the crossbar. If I spent a bit more time with it I’m certain I could’ve done what other players were doing, scoring direct from corners regularly.

This possible exploit was fed back to the relevant people, but I still feel something would lost if the feature was taken away altogether. I enjoyed whipping in corners and free-kicks just as much as I welcomed the challenge of defending them. The tactical element fascinated me, but not everyone is going to be as fair and sportsmanlike when it comes to using this feature. It’s sad, but that’s the truth. A suggestion was made by me to limit where the dotted line could go for corners, but then that would take away an element of freedom which was the idea behind it initially. Like I said at the beginning of this section, it’s a double edged sword situation and I don’t envy Konami in how they go about dealing it. I just hope it’s not taken it out completely, but ultimately that might be long term solution. You can even turn the dotted line off right now with a simple press of R1 or RB.

Penalties have also been tweaked, with the kicker getting reticule on-screen that gets bigger as you move towards the corners of the goal. This makes it slight easier for the goalkeeper to save shots, but the kicker can move the reticule at the last second to fool the shot stopper. It’s a nice little mechanic, but I hope it’s smoothed out a little with a proper explanation of how it works delivered to players before they take or attempt to stop their first penalty. The little mysteries have been a staple of PES titles of the past, but for mechanics like this they really should be explained the first time you come across them.

The Fundamentals
Let’s start with goalkeepers shall we? They’re much improved. The men between the sticks are now more reliable and stable, with new animations introduced to reflect differing styles. In the E3 build, Neuer was most impressive. He came out for the ball when he could, catching wherever possible. In PES 2013 the keepers started to push the ball away from goal as much as possible, resulting in less rebound goals, and that’s even more apparent in PES 2014. The keepers also stand up much longer during one-on-one situations, making themselves big and spreading their body to make a save when necessary. I genuinely can’t remember playing a PES during this stage previously and saying “what a save” so many times.

Shooting has been slightly tweaked too, with the feel being less “floaty” than before and more natural. Long range shots in particular felt great, no matter if you scored or not. Staying with scoring, headers have been greatly improved, which means you can actually score them now if you’re in the right position instead of every single one floating over the bar. Crossing felt pretty much the same though, which isn’t necessarily a supremely bad thing, but it would’ve been nice if it had the same freedom as the rest of the passing model. This was fed back to Konami, so hopefully later builds of PES 2014 will have improved crossing.

Attacking wise, the AI was still as great as ever, with good movement around the ball carrier depending on which area of the pitch he is moving towards. The defensive side of things I’ll touch on in the next section, but the actual defending mechanic itself has improved thank to MASS and TrueBall Tech. You still double tap X or A to go into a tackle, but your player will now go towards the ball rather than the player. The feedback you get whether you’re successful or not via the resulting animations is lovely, more natural and realistic than any previous PES. In fact, that sentiment could apply to the entire physical side of the game, as it’s a real step up from PES 2013. It’s slight shame then that referees are a bit inconsistent without any prior warning, with some giving fouls when there actually wasn’t one committed. That’s not necessarily a bad thing as referees are inconsistent at the best of times in real life, but it would be great if there was an indication before the match as to what type of official (lenient, fair, strong and so on) you’re up against. This would allow you to adjust your style and escape the frustrations of certain referees.

Areas of Improvement
I mentioned a few slight improvements that could be made in other sections, with this particular one kept for the defensive AI and player awareness. It’s not something I noticed until the second day of playing PES 2014, but since then it was very much apparent. It had a slight negative impact on some matches, whereas in others it was completely affecting the result of matches, especially when playing against other human players. I noticed several occasions where one player would have the ball in a defensive and one or two players near him would just stand there doing nothing, even when the ball carrier came near them. There was no forward or sideways movement that would’ve made it easier for you to get out. In real life football this is what happens, if one player has the ball in the defensive area then others will move around accordingly, giving him options to move out and get the ball forward. This rarely happened in the E3 build of PES 2014.

To add to this frustration, these non-moving players would get in the way on several occasions, resulting in the ball being gifted to the opposition for a goal. There were several occasions where I benefited from this and the goal I scored as a result felt cheap. I was on the other end of it too, which was really frustrating. This also happened occasionally when defending corners, with cheap goals being scored on the back of the lack of defensive awareness. It’s a frustrating negative as the rest of the game is so good, really enjoyable. As you’d expect this was fed back to Konami and I was assured that in future builds this would be addressed. I would imagine it’s a case of the development team heightening the responsiveness of the defensive AI and other players on the pitch that are not being controlled. A new build should be available to play just before Gamescom, so I’m hoping to report with back positive things in relation to this after getting hands on with that.

Final Thoughts
I’ve played several builds of PES at this early stage and never come away feeling so positive about the game. It’s clear to see the Fox Engine and several new features have put a spring into PES 2014′s step that was missing from previous current-gen iterations. The game feels fresh, more fluid and realistic than before, yet it still retains that PES magic. It may not be next-gen, but if Konami stay on track and improve the game in key areas before it launches (modes and features), PES 2014 could well be a true return to form for the series. Can I have the next build now please, Konami?

Lähde: WENB

Hyvä peli sieltä tulee, kunhan eivät kalkkiviivoilla tätä ryssi.

Pitkäaikaisen pes-fanina odotan innolla tätä peliä;). Toivottavasti heinäkuun aikana saadaan lisätietoa pelistä, mutta viimeistään Gamescomissa nähdään kunnon pelikuvaa.

http://suomipes.blogit.fi/ suosittelen kaikille! Sivuilla mm. Nyt melkoisen muodonmuutoksen kokoeneen pelisarjan uutukaisen gameplayta.

...Joka löytynyt toki myös hyvän aikaa tästä ketjusta. Lisätään linkki avausviestiin, sillä sivulla näyttäisi olevan melko hyvä tahti Pessin uutisoinnissa ja löytyyhän tuolta esim. tuo Konamin pressitiedote käännettynäkin.

Kei Masudan haastattelu, jossa mies puhuu uudesta peli(grafiikka ja fysiikka)moottorista, cut-scenejen vähentämisestä ja League moodista:

[video=youtube;R04-aCMZxTk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R04-aCMZxTk[/video]

Lyhyesti haastattelun pääpiirteet:

-Fox Enginen avulla luodaan graafisesti erittäin laadukas peli, joka ei kalpene muiden urheilupelien keskellä.
-Fysiikkamoottorin ansioista pelaajat reagoivat kontaktiin eri tavoilla ja törmäykset ovat äärimmäisen realistisia.
-Pallollinen pelaaminen huomattavasti vapaampaa (pallon ollessa erillinen objekti).
-Palloa voi suojata vartalolla aiempaa paremmin (ilmeisesti toisella tatilla), mikä samalla mahdollistaa kunnolliset kropalla tehtävät painonsiirrot (aka älä lähre sinne).
-Kokonaan cut-sceneistä ei vielä päästä eroon, mutta se on ehdottomasti suunnitelmissa. Nyt nuo mustat ruudun välähdykset on poistettu rajaheitoista eli peli jatkuu käytännössä heti ilman, että pelaajat "resetoituvat" omalle paikalleen.
-League moodi tekee paluun!

Pähkinänkuoressa siis: Haastattelu ei sisällä mitään, mitä ei aiemmin täältäkin ketjusta löydy...

Haastattelussa numero 2 on sitten luvassa tietoa "Team-" ja "Player-ID:stä" sekä uudistetusta Edit Modesta!

Viimeksi muokannut moderaattori:

Haastattelu numero 2, olkaapa hyvä!

[video=youtube;sEbAjCjfXuI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEbAjCjfXuI[/video]

Ja lyhyet (lols) suomennokset:

-Player ID:n pääfokus on jalkapallokenttien supertähdillä, jotka kiinnostavat maailmalla. Lisäksi Player ID:tä on pyritty laajentamaan niin, että pelaajat, joilla on esimerkiksi omanlaisensa pelitapa tai tuuletus, on mallinnettu oma Player ID. Konamin tiimi on kerännyt faneilta tietoa, keille pelaajille tulisi oma Player ID laittaa.
-Team ID (ja Squad emulator) mahdollistavat joukkueen pelaamisen juuri sillä tavalla, kuin sen haluat pelaavan (esimerkkinä tekoälypelaajien pystyjuoksut, paikanhaku jne.). Ajatellaan vaikkapa HJK:ta: Tainio saa keskikentällä pallon, joka on laitureille/kärjelle merkki, että nyt lähtee avaava syöttö. Kukkupallo kohti Pohjanpaloa ja pallo maaliin. Erilaisten kuvioiden rakentaminen on nyt siis mahdollista eli ilmeisemminen pelin taktinen puoli ottanut melkoisen harppauksen eteenpäin. Enää ei pitäisi tulla myöskään tilanteita, joissa haluamasi pelaajat eivät hae paikkaa, vaan seisovat paikallaan ja odottavat syöttöä.
-Edit Mode on saanut aimo annoksen rakkautta Pessin erinomaisen editointikulttuurin ansiosta. Uusi edit mode mahdollistaa esimerkiksi monipuolisemman paitojen luomisen, kuin myös sukkien, shortsien ja kapteenin nauhan tuunaamisen. Tämä mahdollistaa täysin autenttisten peliasujen luomisen niin omalle lempijoukkueelle kuin pelin muille, lisensoimattomille joukkueille.

Ensi viikolla Masuda-san kertoilee pelin "Heart" -ominaisuudesta. Lisäksi Onlinesta, Master Leaguesta ja Become a Legendista tulee juttua. Ehkä omalla kohdallani ne odotetuimmat uutiset kohdistuvat juuri Master Leagueen ja BaLiin.

Tämän viikon uutiset eivät kumminkaan ole vielä tässä. Ainakaan Adam Bhattin "twiitin" mukaan:

We're spoiling you with content this week. Big news already released, and we're not finished for the week yet. For the fans #PES2014
Lähde: Twitter

Toivottavasti ei haittaa, jos nostan ketjua (taas) toisen kerran saman päivän aikana. :eek: Mutta asiaan. Adamin lupaama uusi video pamahtanut internettiin. Video kertaa jo kerrottuja asioita ja uudistuksia entistä yksityiskohtaisemmin.

[video=youtube;rjvxsImbTY8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rjvxsImbTY8[/video]

Vaikuttaa taas kyllä niin hyvältä, ettei oikein tahdo uskoakkaan. Toivottavasti tästä edes 1/4 tuntuu hyvältä niin upea peli käsillä.

Uusin Kei Masudan video, jonka aiheena pelin "Heart" -ominaisuus:

[video=youtube;pmOsLbifFWA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmOsLbifFWA[/video]

Lyhyt koonti:

-"Heart" -ominaisuus perustuu pelaajien motivaatioon ja koko joukkueen tunnetilaan.
-Tällä ominaisuudella pyritään luomaan oikea koti-/vierasotteluiden tunnelma.
-Kentän tapahtumat vaikuttavat joukkueen tunnetilaan, mikä taas peilautuu yksittäisen pelaajan motivaatioon (ja toisinpäin). (Näinköhän nuo pelissä olevat "kuntonuolet" = "Form Arrows" vaihtelevat koko matsin ajan ja säilyvät aina seuraaviin peleihin? Olisi nättiä kyllä!)
-Matsit tuntuvat sellaisilta, kuin niiden kuuluu.
-Stadionit ja yleisö vaikuttavat myös. Yleisö reagoi esimerkiksi tietyssä maassa juuri sille maalle ominaiseen pelitapaan. Näin tuodaan esiin eri maiden jalkapallokulttuureja (toiset diggaavat tiki-takasta ja toiset lädipallosta).

Nyt huomisesta alkaen on Englannissa, Konamin tiloissa pelitestit, joissa eri PES(ja peli) -sivustojen jäsenet pääsevät testaamaan pelin uutukaista painosta.
"HUGE NEWS! #PES2014 Code being shown this week to press and community is NEW CODE! Newer than E3!!!!"
"Improvement list on E3 code is impressive! Can't wait to see what people think, especially those who played it at E3! #PES2014"
"OH MY DAYS! Sure you have OVR stats, BUT PLAYER HEXAGONS ARE BACK SON!"
"New stats system :) I'll get this online tomorrow, as I know community attendees will take time writing that instead of playing! #PES2014"
"OK one last thing, the way players battle for positioning when fighting for a header is ridiculous. My PES is all grown up *sniff* #PES2014"

Siinä muutama Adam Bhattin twiitti, joista boldasin tärkeimmät kohdat. Eli "hexagonit" tekevät paluun eli ovat siinä ovr statsien rinnalla antamassa infoa pelaajasta. PES-Veteraanit kuulemma tykkäävät tästä? Vihdoin voi itsekkin jättää sen statsien tuijottelun pois... "New stats system", mahtaako tarkoittaa pelin tilastoja vai pelaajien arvoja? Ja ilmataistelut kukkupalloista... Voja Voja!! Hyvältä kuulostaa.

Huomenna (tai myöhemmin tällä viikolla) Kei Masudan video(t) Onlinesta, BaL:sta ja Master Leaguesta!

Yksinpeliä ajatellen tuo Heart-ominaisuus kuulostaa mukavalta, kunhan toteutus on yhtä hyvää käytännössä kuin paperilla. Tiedä sitten onko kyseinen ominaisuus käytössä myös nettipeleissä. Änärissähän ainakin aikoinaan oli ihan virallisestikin mukana tuota vastaava ja surullisen kuuluisa ns. momentum-systeemi, joka toki oli surkeasti toteutettu. Nettipelissä kun tiukassa paikassa pitäisi mitata itse peliä pelaavan ihmisen pään kestävyyttä, eikä kentällä juoksevien hahmojen. Esimerkkinä vaikka tilanne, jossa toinen joukkue siirtyy johtoon peliaikaa ollessa jäljellä yksi minuutti. Siinä sitten peliä pelaavan ihmisen pitää koota ajatuksensa ja yrittää hankkia tasoitus keinolla millä hyvänsä, samalla kun johtoon siirtyneellä joukkueella on omat haasteensa. Koko homma menee päin helvettiä, jos häviölle tipahtaneen joukkueen takaa-ajo tyssää siihen, että kentällä juokseva pelaaja olevinaan järkyttyi tasoitusmaalista ja yleisön buuauksista sen verran, että vetojen ja syöttöjen tarkkuus laski kymmenellä, ja vetääkin sitten avopaikasta pallon katsomoon.

Kyllä itse ainakin juuri tuota odotan et jokainen käyttäytyy yksilönä ja stressaa tilannetta, koska mulle pelaajana se on vain peli. Pelaan ja yritän mut mun maailma ei kaadu jos tasoitusta ei tule, eikä mun pelissä ala stressaantuminen näkyä. Samoin jos itsellä on suurinosa syötöistä samanlaisia itsellä niin haluan juuri pelaajien kentällä tekevän sen lopputuloksen kuten vastaava oikea pelaaja. Jos menee paniikkiin oikeasti ja vedot menee ohi, niin syytä on mennä tässäkin, huolimatta omasta täydellisyydestä.

Twitterissä kävi äsken melkoinen kuhina Adam Bhattin ja OfficialPES:n QnA:n kanssa. Postaan nyt vaikka suoraan twiitit ja suomennokset perään:

"Demo date for #PES2014 will be announced end of the month #PESQ"

Demon julkistuspäivämäärä ilmoitetaan heinäkuun lopulla.

"Online has been improved. Watch the Kei Masuda video later today for more information. More prevention in place to stop cheaters #PES2014"

Onlinea on paranneltu. Myöhemmin tänään tulevasta Masudan videosta selviää tarkemmin mm. uusia keinoja pistää huijarit kuriin.

"#PES2014 will be on steam. Oh snap! #PESQ"

PES 2014 tulee Steamiin.

"OH YES! IN MASTER LEAGUE YOU CAN CHANGE CLUB AND COACH THE NATIONAL TEAM #PES2014 #PESQ"

Master Leaguessa voi vihdoin vaihtaa joukkuetta ja nyt myös luotsata maajoukkuetta.

"#PES2014 cover star will be announced soon."

Kansikuvapoika julkaistaan myöhemmin. Huhuja liikkuu, että kannessa olisi Robben/Ribery/Neymar.

"#PES2014 Edit mode stuff: Low socks, tight shirts, more emblem slots :) #PESQ"

Edit modesta: Lyhyet sukat, tiukat paidat, enemmän paikkoja logoille.

"Huge news for Editors, not great but best you know now: PREQUEL DATA WILL NOT WORK ON #PES2014 DUE TO NEW ENGINE"

PES 2013 data ei toimi PES 2014 kanssa uuden pelimoottorin takia.

"#PES2014 licenses will be announced by Gamescom. We have some surprises. #PESQ"

Lisenssit julkaistaan Gamescomissa muutaman yllätyksen kera.

"#PES2014 is 720p due to keeping resolution as high as possible #PESQ"

Vastoin aikaisempia infoja, PES 2014 tukee 720p:tä, jotta resoluutio saadaan mahdollisimman korkeaksi.

"#PES2014 has a new stat system, using a combined stat page to equate values. Goalkeepers also have own specific stats #PESQ"

Uusi statsi systeemi (väliosa ei meikän lontolla taivu). Myös veskareilla omat arvonsa.

"#PES2014 weather will affect the game, also dirty kits. More news on weather later #PESQ"

Sää vaikuttaa pelaamiseen. Likaantuvat paidat vahvistettu. Lisää infoa myöhemmin.

"#PES2014 will have 3rd kits: either in the game or through DLC. Numbers will vary just depending on time left. #PESQ"

Kolmannet peliasut vahvistettu joukkueille joko suoraan pelissä tai DLC:n mukana.

"#PES2014 online, news on US server / European server playing each other etc to be confirmed."

Netissä voi pelata nyt eri maanosien servereiden välillä vastakkain.

Lähde: Adam Bhatti

kun katsoo videoita, niin aika varmasti kannessa on juurikin joku edellisistä. Itse veikkaisin Robbenia :(

Innolla odota peliä, enemmän kuin aikoihin mitään. Toivotaan, että on kaiken tämän arvoista ja ei petä.

Onko muuten missään infoa PC- järjestelmävaatimuksista?

Onko muuten missään infoa PC- järjestelmävaatimuksista?

Ei ole tainnut vielä olla missään tuota. Aiemmat PESit ainakin pyörineet suht kevyesti, mutta saa nähdä, miten Fox Engine nostaa järjestelmävaatimuksia.

Ja Kei Masudan video nummero 4:

[video=youtube;PvSQuHzlVvg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvSQuHzlVvg[/video]

Maininnan arvoinen on ehdottomasti videon lyhyt "teaseri" 11v11 Online pelimoodista.

Kuvia sikana:

BOamRfTCIAE4jSw.jpg:orig

BOaogQBCAAAAoUE.jpg:orig

BOar9rPCAAEbs0N.jpg:orig

BOavQp1CYAAdbM7.jpg:orig

PES-2014-Italy-Team-Screen-5.jpg

PES-2014-Italy-Team-Screen-1.jpg

Ja muutamia twitterpoimintoja:

"Good news for the hardcore #PES fans. Just got Mano to agree to get classic default players back into #PES2014. Castolo, Minanda and co!" -Asim Tanvir

"Took a few corners, tried to score. On target, but keeper positioning better to combat. Easily tipped over. #PES2014" -Asim Tanvir

"Quick impressions. New code is definitely an improvement compared to what I played at E3. Responsive and awareness, heightened. #PES2014" -Asim Tanvir

"There is 11 vs. 11 online - and you can play entirely randomly, or with 10 other people you know etc. #PES2014" -PESFAN

OnlyProEvolutions.com on julkaissut sivustollaan Q&A:n, sekä omat mietteensä viime viikon PES 2014 pelitesteistä.

Q&A:

Q: Are there any plans to add a feature which will allow users to capture and upload their saved replays?
A: Not this year... because it takes up a lot of memory.

Q: Do you have any plans to introduce handballs into the game one day? Not necessarily this year.
A: One day. We have to make the player have the intention of handball. There has to be something convincing for the users for the whole system around the handball feature. I would say this will be a challenge for PES 2015... I'll do my best!

Q: Will teams of the Copa Libertadores and AFC Champions League be able to be used against European opposition in Exhibition Mode for PES 2014?
A: Not officially. But not in Exhibition. In 'League' mode, you will be able to put any team in that league - unofficially.

Q: How many fake teams will there be for users to modify in Edit mode?
A: About 60. [We assume there will be 3 leagues of 20 teams]

Q: Can you modify the number of teams in each league?
A: I don't think you can change it.

Q: Will the size of squads increase? I support Arsenal and after Data Pack 6, my team had no reserve players in their squad... which made Master League a little boring.
A: I don't know the answer.

Q: Will every fake team be able to be edited in Edit mode?
A: We're working on it right now. I will have to check with them [the team in Tokyo].

Q:How often will teams be updated via DLC / Data Packs? Starting line-ups and squads?
A: I know it will be more often than last year. Ideally, we'd like to release an update immediately but we need approval from the hardware manufacturers. So we hope to shorten the lead time for the approval process. Also [in the past], we've had to pay the hardware manufacturers for the Data Packs. But this year, it's free. So obviously we'd like to update as often as possible, especially when there is a transfer.

But my concern is, not this year but next year, we're going to launch next-gen so we're going to allocate most of our manpower to that. Of course, we'll still allocate manpower to the Data Packs but we're not sure how we're going to balance it.

Q: In PES 2013, when Data Packs are released, option files are badly affected. Squads and players are reset which forces editors to do another weeks' worth of work to correct everything. Will this change for PES 2014?
A: We haven't planned... so we will think about it.

Muuta samasta tapahtumasta saatua infoa:

Heart will only work on offline game modes this year.

As well as Bayern Munich, fan mosaics will be available for other teams. However, the game's Edit mode will not allow users to use fan mosaics when creating teams. Hosoda said, "we hear such requests from others as well... so hopefully next year".

When creating a team's shirt in Edit mode, "all" parts will be able to be edited. Interestingly, Hosoda says the new process will be very similar to how Konami create their kits for licensed teams. Additionally, we were told these edits [entire option files?] will be "easier to share with other users".

When creating kits, users will be able to add more detail as Hosoda told us PES 2014 will introduce "bigger" kit resolutions (currently stands at 128x128). Hosoda said this has been done because Konami "have to prepare for the next generation". We were told an exact figure but we must wait before disclosing this information.

In Episode 4 of Kei Masuda's PES 2014 interview, we were first told about an '11 versus 11' online game mode. Going on from this, Hosoda said users will be able to play matches with 10 of their friends. Alternatively, users can also randomly join another match room and play with 10 non-friends.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ja spoilerin taakse OPE:n huomiot pelistä:

As soon as the referee blew his whistle to begin yet another season of Pro Evo, I realised that this new game was unlike any other current-gen PES title. Compared to past releases, the improved graphics and brand-new animations were superb. Clearly, with the arrival of a game-changing game engine, Konami are playing a totally different ball game now.

My favourite feature, which was immediately noticeable, was the improved presence of physicality: the 50-50 challenges, the aerial duels, the shoulder barges, and everything else that's now possible thanks to the new engine. For the first time ever on this generation of Pro Evolution Soccer, matches felt like genuine contests.

I remember repeatedly saying "wow, this is amazing" every time my players - big and small - managed to shrug off challenges and leap like salmons to win attacking and defensive headers. It really is an amazing moment when you first see your holding midfielder climb up and win an aerial ball on the edge of his own box, and then two seconds later, to see him dribbling past the half-way line after he's just thrown himself into a 50-50. I actually found winning these type of challenges just as enjoyable as beating an opponent in a 1-on-1. Yes, defending is fun again.

Whatever you've played for the last seven years, the fact that PES has finally introduced its own fully-functional collision system is good news for every video game-playing football fan.

When I played with Dante, he was an absolute rock in the heart of the Bayern defence. He wasn't unstoppable - nor were the high-profile attacking players like Robben, Ribery or Neymar - but his strength definitely provided me with a defensive advantage when I needed him. Promisingly, it appears the better players of PES 2014 will be determined by skill, rather than serendipity and taking advantage of the game's exploits. Like the real sport itself, the more time you put in at the training ground, the better player you'll eventually become.

And what's more, I didn't see any bugs or 'fails': no players constantly falling over each other in a seemingly endless and unavoidable loop, no players levitating - like The Gentlemen from Buffy The Vampire Slayer - through adboards and into the 2D crowd, and most importantly of all, Geordie strikers and Polish goalkeepers kept themselves to themselves... which should always be the best route to take when making a football game. The new system, called MASS (short for Motion Animation Stability System), looked realistic and it worked - at the first time of asking, too!

Staying positive, I was particularly impressed with the increased amount of freedom. The improved passing system is challenging, enjoyable and rewarding. And much to the delight of every PES fan, crosses have been totally overhauled and are now, once again, unpredictable (in a good way). To get the rewards, you're going to have to show much more thought when playing your passes now - resting on your PES 2013 laurels will get you nowhere in this game.

Is ping-pong football dead and buried? It's too early to say. I certainly hope so. But the good news is that players will often be punished if they're careless with their passing. As PES commentator Jon Champion often suggests, players must treat the ball like a friend. This is fact: don't respect the ball and you won't be scoring goals. You'll find yourself defending throw-ins instead.

Speaking of which, the new continuous play runs smoothly and works incredibly well. At such an early stage of development, I was expecting a few issues here and there, but from what I experienced on the day, there were no problems at all with the seamless play. It's pretty simple - if the ball is reachable, your player will go get it, run back to the touch-line and prepare to take the throw-in. Fortunately, the pitch at the Allianz Arena is surrounded by adboards so quick throws-ins were regular throughout the session. Naturally, quick free-kicks were less frequent but I'm happy to say they appeared to be much more reliable than what we were given in PES 2013.

Sticking with freedom (a common theme to this article), users are now able to quickly change their set-piece taker just by clicking a few buttons. It's really simple. Hit Select and a list containing your starting eleven (goalkeeper included) will appear on the right-hand side of the screen allowing you to make the appropriate change for the free-kick, corner, throw-in, etc. Personally, I've been asking for this feature for a long time and I'm delighted to see the flow of matches has been immensely improved. Interestingly, throughout this whole process, the players and fans will continue to flow in the background which is a really nice touch.

Defenders are much more switched on, allowing more interceptions and less 'moments of madness', like your centre-back getting nutmegged from 50 yards after making no attempt to cut out the simplest of through balls. I did, however, get the impression that the defensive lines were a little too high at times. This resulted in quite a lot of offsides which was quite frustrating. However, to counter this, when taking goal-kicks, you can press L1/LB to activate 'Position Shift' which will move your entire team up (or down) the pitch. Whether you're desperate for another goal or you just want to protect your lead, I can see this becoming a very popular tactic during online play.

Back to the defensive side of things, players will sometimes miss the ball when going up for headers. But don't start thinking this will make the game unrealistic. Like we see in real life, for players like Kevin Davies, Carlos Tévez, Mario Mandžukić and Luis Suárez, leaning into and putting off defenders is a vital part of the game. I'll also stress that timing is very important in PES 2014; be lazy and press X too early or too late, and you'll get brushed aside by your "weaker" opponent.

A lot has been said about the free-kick guidance bar. After receiving a lot of feedback at E3, Konami have since tweaked the system as set pieces were, according to Manorito Hosoda, "too easy to target". The adjustments have already been made so shots now depend more on the kick taker's attributes. Unfortunately, I didn't get the opportunity to take many free-kicks so I feel it would be unfair to make any further comments regarding this feature.

As for penalties, I only took one. I went down the middle and it was saved by the AI. When facing the goalkeeper, there is now a target on the goal, which you can turn on and off. With this new system in place, it looks like users will have much more freedom when deciding where to place their penalties. For those wondering, I can only assume chipped penalties are in this year. I will have to double-check this with Konami though.

The improved goalkeeper throw-outs are excellent. Whether you opt to go over or under the arm, you have an unprecedented level of freedom with your number one now. Even with drop-kicks, you'll have the chance to catch your opponent by surprise by starting a swift counter attack. On the other hand, if you're ahead in the game and want to maintain your lead, you're now able to cancel your throw-outs. For example, if the pass is no longer 'on', or you're worried about your opponent intercepting your pass, just press X and your goalkeeper will fake the throw allowing you to rethink your next move once more. Sometimes, it's the little things which are the most important. Either way, the risk of conceding 'cheap goals' has been massively reduced.

Goalkeepers have been improved in certain areas, like during one-on-ones, but I feel they're far from the finished article. Apart from when gobbling up miscued crosses, it didn't really feel like goalkeepers had a big presence in their penalty box. I found they were generally better when saving controlled (R2/RT) shots, but I admit that some of the goals I scored felt 'too easy'. After a few games, I knew if I put enough power on the shot and kept it on target, 9 times out of 10, I'd get a goal. Whether the shooting is too strong or whether the issue lies with the 'keepers, I'm not entirely sure. But I did suggest to Konami that it would probably be wise to investigate.

The majority of screenshots released in recent weeks show a clear improvement in facial expressions and the delivery of player emotion. Before, during and proceeding E3, Konami have repeatedly stated that 'Heart' will play a huge part in Pro Evo this year. But not only will emotion look good this year, it will feel good as well. Motivation levels will influence a player's performance which can ultimately affect things like crowd noise and even the in-game commentary.

The form arrows remain - however, don't be too alarmed if your star player is "on a purple". A high level of motivation may be just enough to cancel out a low form arrow - just like how Walter Montillo, on a purple arrow, gave a man-of-the-match performance for my Santos side. Although it's important to point out that just because your side has a high motivation level doesn't mean your players will all start to run faster. According to Manorito Hosoda, it's a much more subtle and realistic process - one example is that your players can become more determined to win loose balls.

For about 30 minutes, I played against the AI and committed as many fouls as I possibly could. The onlooking spectators - including Konami staff - probably thought I was some kind of Roy Keane idolising maniac who had somehow slipped out from his straitjacket. On the contrary, I was perfectly aware of what I was doing. I was looking for two very important things; while also 'testing out' the referees, I wanted to see how players reacted when receiving cards.

With Arjen Robben, I remember getting booked after tripping Santos' Paulo Assunção. As soon as the referee showed the yellow, the Dutchman protested the decision by shouting - with authentic mouth movements - clearly showing his anger and utter disbelief in the decision. It was a similar animation to what we currently see in PES 2013, but the improved facial expressions (the emotion) had been significantly improved and made the cut-scene a whole lot more convincing.

As for the referees, they seemed generally improved but I do think they need work; there were some odd decisions where obvious fouls were not picked up. I fed this back to Konami, so there's plenty of time left for them to investigate. On the other hand, I'm ecstatic to confirm that match officials do play the advantage rule. Furthermore, they're more than happy to let the game flow, and of course, if they need to, go back and hand out cards once play has stopped.

Konami told us they are still looking to make improvements - through positive and negative feedback - so don't be surprised if there are a few changes between now and the game's final release. Nevertheless, I have played pre-release PES for the last three years and it's encouraging to know PES 2014 is the game that's left me with the most amount of optimism and the least amount of concern.

It's still early days but I firmly believe the PES Team are heading in the right direction. And from what I've seen so far, I'm confident Konami can end current-gen on a high before they switch their focus onto PES 2015 and the next-gen consoles.

By implementing the six pillars of PES 2014, Konami are trying to allow more giant-killings... and if things continue the way there are, they might just get one of their own.
Lisätään vielä WinningElevenBlogin Nicholas Di-Marian omia mietteitä tuolta PES 2014 testeistä:

Animations

I want to start on what I felt was the best improvement, and a reason why 2013 just doesn’t cut it anymore. Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 captures the natural, free-flowing feel that a real football match provides. The brand new set of animations play a massive part in this. Gone are the days where a run and a pass were two separate entities, now the pass flows naturally off the run made by the player, just as a shot will, or a cross. For example, in a match against our own Suffwan, I went 1-0 up with a delightful, dinked chip. The chip was one of the best finishes I have seen in a PES title, as it looked as natural as a real life game, think a Messi style finish. When I went back to PES2013, I could see a massive difference, I could really tell that each action you chose was separate from the last one. Another thing that was extremely impressive were the animations when receiving and taking the ball under control. You can’t take the ball under instant control everytime, it can happen but not on every occasion, sometimes players needed to take a few touches, even with their knee. Along with that, there are many many more new animations that help the game flow. PES ID will play a big part in animations for specific players, such as Robben, who had his own shooting, dribbling and passing animations. Tackling as well has had an overall, with tackles looking more natural and diverse.

Game Speed & Strength

I believe an area of the game many fans will be pleased with is the tempo of matches. I found the tempo to be much more realistic to it’s real life counterparts, providing a more calculating match, where you can’t just bomb down the wings and out pace your opponents. The pace is much slower, however to address a concern of a member of our forums, this does not mean that players them selves are just slow. I found that using players who are fast, translates across to how they play, meaning that the slowed down tempo wouldn’t remove advantages that stats provide. Of course pace and speed still play a part in how you will play but so too will strength, and in a big way. In the games I played, I found the strength of players to be very accurate and this helped dictate games. For example if you use Yaya Toure, he will do very well when powering through opponents in real life, however use Giovinco and you will not be so successful. What is fantastic though is the fact that these smaller players don’t necessarily lose the ball as soon as they come up against a stronger opponent. Many times with Neymar I was able to hold off defenders to get my shot away, and the animations in replays I watched, really showed the struggle between the players fighting for the ball. This should be good news for those who picked up on the fact that players like Messi didn’t have a lot of strength in the past game despite being very difficult to get the ball off of.

New Control Settings

There are some new control settings for PES fans to get to grips with, which are very interesting. Advanced Through Ball was the stand out for myself, which allows you to really place where you want your through balls to go and even put curl on them, something you couldn’t do before. This is due to be a highly used setting for PES2014. I was also informed by Asim before our first match to try out the pass assist settings on level 4 and see how I feel. I had to agree with him that even on level 4, passing still felt pretty manual and you had to really think about how and where you passed the ball.

Shooting

Shooting is the next section to get a load of new animations. Going back to the dinked chip, that is just one of many new striking options. One of the boys playing the game hit a beautiful out side of the boot finish to score, but a very different and more natural finish than what we have seen in past PES titles. Just like with keepers there are a large variety of new animations that are bound to please fans. One problem I did have with the shooting was that I seemed to either hit the bar/post a lot or come extremely close to the goal. There was never a time where I hit a shot far wide or far over, which to me while good for my chances of scoring, isn’t very realistic. However I must say I am excited to see what other animations we get in this department, as the ones I have seen so far are fantastic.

Headers

Headers are a main talking point due to the demand for improvement over 2013. While I personally didn’t score any in my time with the game, I did witness a fair few from others. Again it comes back to the animations, you can really see the neck muscles being used to put power behind the headers and they are much more effective than in 2013. In the past year headers have been very rare to score and Konami have clearly answered the calls for change. These changes are not just for attack but also for defence, with defenders managing to get headers away further, and more realistically, than in the previous game.

Goalkeepers

Goalkeepers are another major complaint from 2013. However there has been a significant change in goalkeeper positioning, reaction saves and one on one situations. Keepers make themselves big when in a one on one situation making it more difficult for attackers to get the ball past and also forcing them to really think about where they shoot, be it at the near post where you could catch the keeper out or at the far past where you can try to curl the ball around the keeper. Keeper reaction saves were a wonderful sight to see. One handed, two handed, even saves with their legs! A big variety of different animations were on display and it was really refreshing to see goalkeepers so heavily improved.

Referees

An area of the game that I was not impressed with were referees. There was far too many yellow cards for small fouls that would never be considered a bookable offense in a real match. In a game I observed there were 5 red cards, which clearly shows that there are some issues when it comes to the referees decision making. There was also an instance, although it was only once, where a player was very clearly offside and yet the decision wasn’t called. Wether that is a part of the game, error in decision making is common in real football as many know, or just a bug, we don’t know but it is something that should be removed before the final release.

Heart

Heart is a feature that has been mentioned a lot since it was first announced. I did notice that when I did a trick with Neymar that came off, the crowd made more noise and the team pushed on to try and build on it. However, I felt that in what I can only describe as the most understated way possible. Heart was there, but it didn’t stand out, I never at any point felt like heart was taking over. That is the way it should be. When you feel it takes over is when the fears of scripting becomes a reality. I am very happy to say that that was not the case and I only noticed it was even there when I really thought back to certain moments.

M.A.S.S

I know a lot of you are interested in how the new collision system works and unfortunately at the moment it’s a bit hit or miss. I found that the collision system provoked a lot more fouls and in response, a lot more cards. Hopefully that is something that is being looked at going in to the final version. When players collide is not the main issue though, for me it was when the players didn’t but still made an action that indicated they did. In one instance with Neymar and Nuer, Neymar shot, the ball hit the post and while Nuer was on the ground after failing with his diving save, Neymar ran after it to poke in the rebound. The issue here is that before Neymar could tap in what seemed an inevitable goal, he was forced to jump over the keeper, despite the fact the keeper was not actually where Neymar jumped. What resulted was me watching Neymar jump over the ball and missing the opportunity to score the goal completely. This was something that I brought up with Adam Bhatti, PES European Community Leader, who reminded me that the game is still only at 75% completion.

Set Pieces

Set piece guidance is probably the most controversial topic to come out of PES since the “magic boots” from last year. It is understandable to see why many feel this would become an easy exploit for online players, especially after hearing from those at E3 that scoring from corners and free kicks were extremely easy. We could see immediately that that was no longer the case, from corners especially it was plain to see much better positioning from the goal keepers. Instead of being able to score on demand it is more likely those cheeky corner shots will get tipped over or punched out. Free kicks were definitely not easy to score in this latest build, which is more to do in my opinion with how difficult it was to predict how much power you were going to put in, as the power gauge filled up far too quickly for me to be able to accurately input the power of the shot I wanted. I did see some free kicks scored though and they seemed fairly more realistic, although there were a few where I still felt the ball was too central to the goal for the keeper to not save it. I have to say though, I was impressed with penalties, the run ups were always the same for players but the finishes depended on how much power you decide to hit the ball with.

Graphics

Graphically the game already looks incredible, and that is with out the final layers of polish being applied. The atmosphere and details of the stadiums were fantastic and I spent a fair amount of time watching the entrance cut scenes. Player faces are the best I have ever seen in a football game and the FOX Engine really does not disappoint on this front. There were some frame rate issues when you went from close up replays to normal camera angles during play but that has been fed back to Konami and we hope to see an improvement. Expect to be wowed by the visuals of this game overall though as it is very impressive.

Overall

Overall I was impressed, seriously impressed. There are some issues, but thats why we were there. To play the game and feedback the issues we do have so Konami can try their best to iron them out before release. They already have addressed many concerns raised after E3 and it shows the understanding that Konami have got with the community. I am thoroughly looking forward to see what the next playable code at Gamescom brings before we all get the chance to trial the game with the inevitable demo. Konami are very confident they have prepared themselves very well for 2014, and after finally getting my chance with the game, I would be hard pressed to disagree.

Adam Bhatti se osaa:

"The demand for people/fans to play PES is overwhelming, just got a report. Might have to change my stance on strategy... #tease" -Twitter

Mitähän sieltä on lupa odottaa? Aikainen demo?

Ja toiseen asiaan. Alla CVG:n Daniel Dawkinsin mietteitä pelistä lyhyen pelaamisen jälkeen. Kyseessä on sama versio (75%), kuin mihin nuo aiemmat pelaajat ovat päässeet käsiksi.

Hands-on: Will PES 2014's dramatic change of tactics pay off?

PES 2014 is arguably the biggest shake up in the franchise's history, but to keep expectations in check let's focus on what it isn't.

It isn't a silver bullet. It isn't a new way to play football games. It isn't on PS4 or Xbox One. It isn't a visual leap that defies belief. It isn't blessed with a new mode or licence that changes everything. It isn't likely to topple FIFA 14.

Not yet.

PES 2014 is the first step to all these goals. It's brave. It's fresh. It's challenging. It's instantly playable, a credible rival for FIFA 14 on PS3 and a promising base for next generation development.

Our impressions are based on three hours with 80-85% complete code. Bayern Munich and Santos were the only playable sides, with further licences to be confirmed later on. It took us 20 or so hours to adjust to PES 2013's subtleties and fine control, so this is largely a gut reaction to a game that's actively being tweaked.

Obviously, we can't give you the PS3 pad so explaining the 'feel' of PES 2014 requires a mix of technical terminology, imagination and clichés - like describing the taste of wine, but not allowing you a sip.

It's a more combative game, built around the new M.A.S.S. system (Motion Animation Stability System). Players will automatically hold out an arm to hold off an advancing rival, or jostle for a 50-50 ball. You can even perform an off-ball nudge manually by using the right stick when not in possession.

When powerful defensive midfielder Javi Martinez stepped into a challenge, the attacker's momentum stopped dead. Martinez 'feels' like real-life: a sturdy defensive shield with decent passing ability. In contrast, technically gifted midfielder Schweinsteiger was able to shield the ball from opponents via subtle rotations of the left stick - arching through 360˚, using his body shape and tight control to shield the ball.

Dribblers like Ribery or Neymar feel more fleet-footed, capable of sharp directional turns, throwing defenders off balance. Again, all you need are deft left stick nudges and bursts of speed, not fancy tricks. To counter this, centre backs like Dante are strong, balanced and firm in the tackle - brushing aside a hesitant attacker. The game has been calibrated to encourage cat-and-mouse one-on-one situations. Defenders and attackers choose between low risk / low return or high risk / high return strategies.

For example, on the edge of the penalty area, you could use Neymar's agility to turn sharply and give a 'safe' short pass out wide before a defender gets near. Or you could gamble on Neymar's close-control, draw in two defenders, and burst into the box using the new trick system. You no longer hold L2 and perform Street Fighter-style stick taps like PES 2013, but use more intuitive right stick sweeps (controlling 'weight shift') in conjunction with the left stick (to indicate the 'ball delivery direction').

Quarter circle rotations perform intuitive step overs, while more complex movements allow drag backs, Marseille spins and rapid ball-shifting feints. Perform the wrong trick relative to the defender's position, or time it too early / late, and you're easy fodder for the defender - who can claim the ball for a devastating break.

PES 2013's complex, multi-button, defending has been simplified. Hold X and the left stick to stand off you man (low risk), add R1 to increase pressure and move closer (medium risk) and / or double-tap x to make a tackle (high risk) - even if the ball is nowhere near. Square button calls in a second defender to help. As ever, it's a battle of timing relative to your defender's attributes.

'Combination play' is a new feature, allowing you to set movement patterns for your AI team mates. You choose from a menu of behaviours e.g. overload down the left, attack centrally, swap positions etc. You pick where these movements occur by clicking on a pitch diagram split into 11 squares. For example, you could set your full back to overlap you at the edge of the opponent's box. This behaviour can be manually activated when in the correct zone by double tapping L2.

It's a powerful new feature, but is currently poorly explained and hidden in the tactics menu. Konami assure us the final game will offer a tutorial and it will be clear when your (AI or human) opponent is using such tactics - giving you the opportunity to set your own counter measures.

Passing is theoretically 360˚ with manual control (subject to your level of auto-assist), so it's possible to play devastating lofted balls, but also misplace a relatively simple pass under pressure. For high-speed control, you need to play the way you're facing or exploit the stats of technically gifted players - who can 'kill' awkward passes fast and release the ball quicker.

It's a slower and more cautious game than either PES 2013 or FIFA 14, but doesn't require the ruinous levels of concentration you might fear. Bottom line: it's realistic and you won't sweat blood to get results from top teams like Bayern Munich.

We scored a sumptuous goal using an L1 + triangle through ball to break the offside trap (note: you can manually bring your line forward for a few seconds to create offsides by double-tapping the d-pad right), allowing Neymar to race through, chipping the onrushing keeper with an L1+square chip. It doesn't sound unusual, but showcases the nuanced animation and passing. A skilful pass has more chance of 'getting around the back', leaving defenders off balance.

Neymar took the lofted pass in his stride, barely losing acceleration. The transition between animations is much more natural, whereas in PES 2013, you could almost see the player switching 'off' between frames. Better yet, when the keeper rushed out to the edge of the area, Neymar's chip looked improvised - a lofted, skewing scoop with the outside of the boot, angled around the keeper's body. Once again, it's in contrast to the more prescribed animations of PES 2013.

The controls are being tweaked, but you'll be able to perform curved passes called the Advanced Through Pass. You should be able to spin a lofted through ball into the path of an attacker, evoking shades of Pirlo or Beckham. The more you play, the more you notice unique, context-sensitive animations related to collisions, feints or stumbles. Our favourite is the way a midfielder will stick out a leg to stop a speeding pass. Even if he can't trap it, the ball gets redirected, making midfield play more natural and chaotic.

Much has been made of the new Fox Engine visuals, but it's important to normalise your expectations. To be clear, it's a sizeable leap over PES 2013. The stadiums look incredible, with much-improved crowds (who'll leave the stadium if you're getting hammered) and rich grass textures. Up close, the player likenesses are genuinely amazing. 'Ridiculous' is how we described Arjen Robben's likeness in our notepad. Bald players look even more realistic, since hair is still a slight reality breaker. Skin texturing is sensational: you can see pockmarks, age lines, freckles... even pores. Ditto kit texture, and the direction of the cloth weave.

Zoomed out to 'wide' view, it's a more familiar experience. It's hard to compare without seeing them side-by-side, but PES 2014 comfortably matches our mental image of FIFA 13 on PS3 - if not slightly more alive with off-the-ball animation. However, it's firmly within the realms of belief, so don't expect to be blown away. The technology isn't just cosmetic, and you can place the camera manually using sliders to adjust height, angle etc on a scale of 1-10.

What's harder to judge is the new Heart system, with key players able to influence the crowd - and vice versa. Your players' emotional state will have its own stat, visible via a glowing heart icon in the tactics screen. The idea is that a goalkeeper like Neuer can make an amazing save, causing the crowd to go wild and lifting his team. The momentum shift should be visible, as your AI team move more aggressively off the ball or snap into tackles. The crowd reaction will be region specific, so Brazilian crowds go wild for skills and a UK crowd for, say, a last-ditch tackle.

In reality, it was hard to notice this effect. In any case, making a momentum shift too pronounced is at risk of unbalancing the game. Konami are aware of this, and hope the momentum system is a realistic way to balance out sides. For example, by reflecting vociferous home crowds, so you can achieve results like Celtic's famous 2-1 Champions League win over Barcelona. It's a nice idea and we'd welcome anything that broke the hegemony of Real/Barca/Bayern online games, but we need to play a lot more to assess its success.

Set pieces are equally controversial, using Tiger-Woods style direction arrows. One analogue stick controls direction, the other curve. At E3, it was way too easy to score at corners, but this has been tweaked to be less precise. The result is that set pieces feel a little too haphazard and confusing, but this may just be a symptom of our short hands-on. Oh, and the keepers made some atrocious 'saves', letting relatively easy shots pass metres from their head. Again, it's a tuning issue, so we'll reserve judgement.

It's too early to say if Konami have addressed problem areas in presentation and the game's relative inaccessibility to newcomers. PES 2013's tutorials were welcome, but cruelly tough (cue 'Knuckle Shot' nightmares). In our hands-on, the main menu was locked out, but we're assured these areas are being revamped. In fact, it's a key area for the new UK-based PES developers FCS (football content studio). Their aim is to make the game feels more western, and less riddled by Japanese oddity. Whether this will manifest itself for PES 2014 is unclear, as the entire FCS team were in Japan on a three-month training secondment during our visit.

New producer Kei Masuda promises revamped Master League and Become a Legend modes, claiming they had become too complex and can now be played at a 'good tempo' - hopefully, they'll scrap the stat-boosting magic boots from PES 2013. You'll also be able to manage other clubs and national teams. Master League Online will be overhauled, and online play will feature new anti-cheating measures. Konami claim to have a 'significant' licensing announcement to make - which had been secured only days before our visit - but we doubt it's a full Premier League or Bundesliga licence.

Overall, we greatly enjoyed what we played and caught ourselves mentally practicing button inputs after we put down the pad - always a good sign. No two games felt the same, new animations were still surprising us 2-3 hours in and goals displayed impressive variety. We'll stop short of declaring it a revelation without spending considerably more time with final code, but this is an assured step to restoring critical - or rather, visual - parity with FIFA.

PES 2014 isn't guaranteed to turn the tide against its key rival, but it is symbolic of a developer that's learnt to listen and adapt. Whether Konami can do so quick enough is a question for another day, but these are promising foundations. All good teams start by focusing on their own errors, not obsessing about the opposition.

Long time, no PES news... Ensi viikolla kaikki muuttuu ja infoa on luvassa taas koko lahalla. Nämä Bhattin twitteristä.

"Big week ahead for #PES2014. New impressions, screens, new info, demo news & hopefully episode 1 of the new official podcast. Don't miss it!"

"First episode will be myself and product manager Richard Jones, who specifically worked on PES 3,4 & 5 before moving around then coming back"

Lähde: Twitter

OfficialPES ilmoitti Twitterissä Argentiinan liigan ja sen joukkueiden olevan lisensoituina PESsissä.

"#PES2014 to feature the ARGENTINIAN LEAGUE and the 20 teams from La Primera División!"

BQbxqUGCUAAUKea.jpg:large

Ylös Bottom